Healthy, Kid-Friendly, Gluten-Free Pizza Balls
This recipe was inspired by both my Won Ton Balls recipe and A Slob Come’s Clean Pizza Snowballs recipe. I liked the idea of the pizza snowballs recipe, but I wanted to make something more allergen-friendly and containing more real food ingredients.
This recipe is delicious, kid-friendly, healthy, and flexible! My son loved being able to pick up his “pizza” and dip it into whatever sauce he wanted. The flexibility of it is that you can substitute any toppings you want. I chose to use pepperoni and broccoli, but it would work just as well with any of your favorite pizza toppings as long as they are chopped.
Dumpling dough recipe (I used brown rice flour, tapioca starch, guar gum, olive oil, and water.)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 1/4 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup mozzarella rice shreds (or other shredded cheese) + 1/2 cup mozzarella for topping
3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
1 1/4 cups cashew cream + desired seasoning for the cream (I used garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and oregano.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the flax “egg” and let it rest for a minute.
- Mix the dough, then add in the seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and oregano) and the flax “egg.”
- Cover the dough and let it sit while you chop the broccoli and pepperoni.
- Combine the broccoli, pepperoni, cheese, and cashew cream.
- Roll out the dough and cut into equal-sized squares.
- Fill each square with filling and roll each one into a ball.
- Place each ball onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Roll them over, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with some cheese, then put them under the broiler on high until melted. Drizzle with olive oil to finish them off.
More from my site