Pasta-Less Lasagna With Red Pepper Sauce
This recipe is adapted from Skinny Taste’s Stuffed Cabbage Casserole.
One of the things I miss most about pasta dishes is tomato sauce, so I occasionally make a red sauce out of red peppers. Instead of mixing it with pasta this time, I decided to try making a pasta-less lasagna out of cabbage, and it turned out pretty well.
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 lb ground beef (or any ground meat)
8 oz mozzarella cheese
3 1/4 lbs cabbage
3 red peppers + olive oil
Seasoning of choice
- Cook the rice and the ground beef. Season the meat with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, etc. Slice the cabbage.
- To make the sauce, simple cut your red peppers into chunks, put them into a food processor or blender, add a few tablespoons of olive oil, then process until smooth.
- Mix the rice, seasoned ground beef, and red pepper sauce.
- Layer your food in a 9×13 (or larger) baking dish: cabbage, sauce mixture, cheese, cabbage, sauce mixture, cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes until the cabbage is cooked and the cheese is melted.
More from my site