Recipe: Strawberry Peach Cobbler
Mmm cobbler. You may remember my peach cobbler from last year, which was good, but I think this one is better. As I’ve learned more about using fresh ingredients, and have also learned about other food allergies that I have, I wanted to develop a new cobbler recipe using one of my favorite flours – Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour.
Ingredients For Filling:
16 oz strawberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Ingredients For Topping:
2 cups gluten-free oat flour (or flour of choice)
1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 tablespoon + 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup of oil (I used canola)
- Cut up peaches and strawberries into a pinch larger than bite-sized pieces (a pinch larger because they will shrink a bit when cooked).
- Mix fruit with the rest of the filling ingredients – 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place fruit in a baking dish. I used a rectangular glass dish that is 7.5×11.
- Mix the oat flour, 1 tablespoon of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1/4 tablespoon of cinnamon, and the oil.
- Spread the topping over the filling with your hands. It will seem a little clumpy, but that’s okay.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon white sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon on the topping.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
The cobbler will probably come out a bit liquidy. That’s a good thing. Use the liquid as a nice sauce for the cobbler :)
Disclosure: This is a sponsored review. Please note that the opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced by outside sources of any kind. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers. Please practice due diligence in making any related purchase decisions.
More from my site