Grain-Free Vanilla Cupcakes With Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
We’ve started the transition to Paleo, and with a big party coming up that I was throwing, I wanted to make some yummy cupcakes that were both Paleo and fit my allergies (these can also be made Vegan). Inspired by both Edible Perspective’s Lemon Almond Flour Cupcakes and Paleo Parent’s Paelo-ized Monster Cookie Dough Dip, I came up with this new cupcake and frosting recipe. And PS – They are the best cupcakes. Ever. Best I’ve ever had. So good. How many more ways can I say it :-p
Ingredients For Cupcakes:
3 cups blanched almond flour (Make sure it’s very finely ground, like Honeyville Farms Almond Flour.)
1/4 cup oil of choice
1/2 cup honey (or another thick liquid sweetener)
3 flax “eggs” – 3 tablespoons flax seed mixed with 9 tablespoons water, whisked, then rested for a few minutes. OR use 3 eggs.
2 tablespoons alcohol free vanilla extract (If you are corn-free, make sure it is safe!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients For Frosting:
2 cups almond flour (See note above about the type of flour to use.)
1/2 cup shortening or butter (I used shortening. Can’t vouch for the results if butter is used.)
1/4 cup honey (or another thick liquid sweetener)
1 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips + a handful more
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients for the cupcakes together. In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients for the cupcakes. Then combine the two. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Spoon into a muffin tin or silicone cups. I used an ice cream scoop to do this.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Times will vary by oven, so check back often.
- Mix all of the frosting ingredients together. I just used a spatula for this, and made sure to break up the shortening if there were any chunks.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, top with the best frosting ever, then sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top of each one for decoration.
More from my site