Roasted Onion Noodles With A Roasted Red Pepper Sloppy Joe Sauce
We are slowly transitioning to Paleo to see if that helps with my immune system. Through this transition, we have started to cut out rice, which means no pasta. So, inspired by Big Red Kitchen’s Roasted Onion “Pasta”, I decided to make a tomato and rice free dish that could curb my pasta craving, and it came out great!
4-6 onions (One per person) + Oil of choice for sprinkling
4 large peppers or 6 small peppers
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup broth
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon thyme
2 lbs ground beef
- Cut peppers into large chunks and pull out seeds. Roast them on parchment paper at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Slice the onions into rings (cut off each end, peel, then slice starting at one end), then lay them on parchment paper. You will probably need two pans for this. Sprinkle with oil, then roast the onion rings at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- While the onions are roasting, put the peppers, broth, balsamic vinegar, spinach, and seasonings into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Cook the ground beef on the stove, then add the sauce.
- Once the onions are done, top them with the meat sauce.
More from my site