Berrylicious Cashew Cream Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls Roll-Up
In the past, our Christmas Eve tradition has been stuffed french toast with a side of bacon. The french toast was usually made with potato bread and stuffed with what I like to affectionately call a berry cream cheese frosting. Since I can no longer eat gluten, dairy, soy, corn, potato and egg, things needed to be changed up a bit. The best solution I could come up with was to stuff cinnamon rolls with a type of cashew cream. It was my first time making them, so I will admit that I could probably make them better next year, but the meal was still really good. The only thing I would even consider changing is adding more fruit to the filling. This recipe was inspired by The Urban Poser’s Cinnamon Rolls recipe. It’s Paleo, grain-free, and can be made vegan.
Ingredients For Filling:
1 1/4 cups cashews soaked
3/4 cup frozen berries defrosted (I would recommend increasing this amount to at least 1 cup based on how mine turned out.)
3 tablespoons honey (Or any thick liquid sweetener.)
Ingredients For Dough:
3 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup oil of choice
2 tablespoons honey (Or any thick liquid sweetener.)
2 flax eggs
2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Put all ingredients for the filling into a food processor, including the liquid from the defrosted fruit. Process until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the roll-up.
- Mix the wet ingredients for the roll-up in a separate bowl, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Dump the dough onto it, and spread it out into a rectangle.
- Spread the filling on the dough.
- Using the parchment paper to help, roll the dough into a tight log. Stick toothpicks into it, if necessary, to keep it together. Dust with the cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minute. Cut into cinnamon roll slices. Feel free to top them with fruit, cashew cream, coconut cream, ice cream, maple syrup – Pretty much anything you want!
More from my site