When you’re allergic to everything listed above, finding a safe granola bar is not possible. Of course that makes me want to eat them even more. They are such a convenient breakfast and snack, plus they are great for on-the-go. In addition to being free of all of the allergens listed, they are also free of rice and peanuts.
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup thick liquid sweetener (Lil’ Shuga!, honey, maple syrup, agave)
1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup mashed up pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips (You can sub raisins or coconut flakes if you prefer.)
- Combine almond butter, liquid sweetener, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, and put your mixture into it.
- Press down so it’s even, then cut into strips.
- Enjoy right away or wait until later. The day they are made they are a little bit softer than store bought granola bars. The day after they are made their texture will be about the same as store bought granola bars. They are great either way!
More from my site