Maple Walnut No-Bake Cookies
No-bake cookies are wonderful. They literally take maybe 3 minutes to put together, and they taste delicious. I put a spin on traditional no-bake cookies by taking out the refined-sugar and adding in a little crunch.
Makes about 24 cookies. They are not very sweet, so feel free to use more maple syrup.
1/4 cup ghee (or butter)
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup nut butter of choice (Traditional no-bakes are made with peanut butter. I used almond butter in mine.)
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
- Melt the ghee in a sauce pan, then add in the milk and cocoa powder.
- Blend well and bring to a simmer.
- Add in your nut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add in the oats and walnuts.
- Form into cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and put into the freezer until firm.
More from my site