Single Ingredient Homemade Pepperoni
I love pepperoni, but have yet to find a store bought pack that is free of corn, gluten, and nitrates, so I decided it was time to make my own. Adapted from Johsonville’s Sausage Chips recipe, I created this homemade pepperoni recipe that will literally knock your socks off. It’s that good.
This recipe makes one baking sheet full of pepperoni.
1 link of safe sausage – I used Applegate Farms Organic Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage. It’s the only sausage I have found to be safe for me. I like this one because it has a little kick like most pepperoni does.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Dry the link with a towel to get off all of the liquid.
- Slice the link into thin pieces, then pat dry each individual piece.
- Place the pieces on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip them all over, then bake for another 15 minutes. If you don’t want them as crispy as what’s pictured above, bake for 15 minutes, flip them over, then bake for another 15 minutes.
More from my site