Lasagne With Sausage And Spinach
One of my favorite foods growing up was lasagne. I wanted to try my hand at making one that was free of all of my allergens, and it actually turned out really really well. This lasagne has no cheese what so ever, and to be honest, I didn’t really miss it. Okay, so I did miss it a little bit, but the lasagne still tasted great!
10 oz gluten-free lasagne noodles
12 oz sausage (4 links)
5 red peppers
2 cups fresh spinach
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or heavy cream, or another kind of milk)
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoon oregano
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook your noodles per the directions.
- Slice all of the red peppers into big chunks.
- Roast 4 of the red peppers on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
- Put the 4 roasted red peppers, the vegetable broth, the milk, the parsley, the oregano, and the black pepper into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl, or something similar, and set aside.
- Put the sausages, 1 red pepper, spinach, and clove of garlic into the blender and blend until everything is thoroughly broken up and the mixture looks like ground meat.
- In a 9×13 baking dish (or something similar in size), put a thin layer of sauce, a layer of noodles, and some of the meat mixture. Put a layer of sauce, a layer of noodles, some of the meat mixture on top of that. Put the rest of the noodles, then the rest of the sauce on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes uncovered. It should be nice and bubbly.
More from my site