Sausage Broccoli Bites
I came across a recipe by Stacey Snacks on Pinterest called Broccoli Cheese Bites. They looked and sounded amazing, but of course I am allergic to just about every ingredient she used, so I decided to come up with my own version – Sausage Broccoli Bites. They are grain-free, kid-friendly, and dippable. And they can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack!
This recipe is part of the Food Blogger’s Challenge group I am in. This week’s challenge food was almonds. The almonds in my recipe are in the form of almond flour. Check out the linky below for other great recipes that include the challenge ingredient.
Recipe makes about 32 bites.
16 oz (1lb) broccoli
1/2 lb ground pork or finely chopped sausage
1 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 9 tablespoons water (or use 2 eggs)
3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook broccoli, squeeze out the liquid, then grind it in a food processor until it’s in really small pieces.
- Put broccoli in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, and mix together.
- Form into small patties and put them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip each of them each over, then bake for about 10 more minutes or until crispy on each side.
- Makes about 32 patties.
More from my site