Roasted Garlic Broco Tacos With Pork
I’m a big fan of the show Next Food Network Star. One of my favorite contestants this past season was Nikki Dinki. Not only does she have a cool name, but she’s also a food blogger. I was checking out her site one day, and found this great recipe for Broccoli Tacos. Her whole thing is “meat on the side”, but for me, I’m more of a meat at the center of the plate kind of girl. So, I adapted her recipe to both make it nightshade-free and make it fit better with my tastes. It turned out great! Roasted garlic is seriously my new favorite thing. And paired with the roasted broccoli – this meal has became one of the best I’ve ever made. Enjoy!
1lb broccoli – fresh or frozen
7 cloves of garlic
1.5lbs ground pork
2 cups spinach
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon coriander
1 tablespoon oregano
½ tablespoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons melted ghee, butter, bacon fat, coconut oil, or olive oil
½ lime, juiced
optional – tomato, avocado, cheese, sour cream, tortillas, rice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the broccoli if you bought it fresh. If you bought it frozen I’m assuming it was already cut. Then peel the garlic.
- Put the broccoli and the garlic on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons ghee (or alternative oil) over all of it, then sprinkle on ½ tablespoon cumin, ½ tablespoon coriander, and ½ tablespoon oregano.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, or until browned.
- Cook the ground pork on the stove with ½ tablespoon cumin, ½ tablespoon coriander, ½ tablespoon oregano, ½ tablespoon garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons ghee (or alternative oil).
- Once the broccoli and garlic are done roasting, put them, along with the spinach, into a food process and process for a few seconds until slightly broken down and mixed together.
- Add the broccoli mixture to the ground pork mixture in the pan on the stove. Pour the lime juice over it and mix.
- Serve on tortillas, over a bed of lettuce, over rice, or on its own.