Chicken And Spinach Lasagna With A Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce
I love this recipe. The sauce was delicious. There’s really not much else to say :)
1 lb chicken breast (or turkey breast)
3 cups raw spinach
10 oz gluten-free lasagna noodles
Ingredients For Sauce:
2 tablespoons ghee, butter, or coconut oil
2 ¼ cups almond milk
8 oz goat cheese
½ cup vegetable or chicken broth
½ cup almond flour
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon mustard powder
- Cook the chicken either on a baking sheet in the oven or in a pan on the stove, until it’s just under done – about 25 minutes. Shred or slice it into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the lasagna noodles and drain.
- Put your ghee (or butter or coconut oil) in a pan – I used the empty pot from cooking my noodles – and heat it up until it’s melted. Add in the almond flour and whisk to combine. Add in the rest of the sauce ingredients and stir until well combined and the cheese is melted and mixed in. Simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Put a light layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish so the noodles don’t stick. Then put a layer of pasta, a layer of chicken, a layer of spinach, a layer of sauce. Put another layer of pasta, a layer of chicken, a layer of spinach, a layer of sauce. Then put just a layer of pasta and a layer of sauce.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
More from my site