Bacon And Pork Stuffed Meatloaf
No gluten, yet full of crazy flavor and super moist. Leave out (or sub onion for) the red peppers to make it nightshade-free. I have provided an alternative to the rice, so that you can make it grain-free if you want. Inspired by Simply Happenstance’s Turkey Meatloaf.
2 lbs ground pork
6 slices of bacon
1 ½ cups cooked rice OR ⅔ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons ground golden flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water (or use 2 eggs)
¼ cup chopped red pepper
1 cup fresh spinach
4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon on a pan in the oven or on the stove.
- Mix the flaxseed with the water in a large bowl and let it rest for a minute.
- Once the bacon is done, save all of the fat and drippings from it, and slice the bacon into small pieces.
- Add the bacon, rice (or almond flour) and red pepper to the flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Spread the mixture out onto a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper on the counter and spread in a rectangular shape until it’s about ½ inch thick.
- Spread out the spinach and goat cheese all over the meat, then use the foil or parchment paper to help you roll it up into the shape of meatloaf.
- Transfer the loaf to a baking dish, then drizzle the bacon fat/drippings on top of it.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until cooked through.
More from my site