Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf
I saw a really delicious looking recipe over at full bellies, happy kids for Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf. In the recipe photo, the cheese is oozing out, which makes it look absolutely amazing. But, the recipe contained gluten, amongst a few other ingredients that I don’t use, so I decided to modify it to make it paleo-ish. I say paleo-ish because it contains cheese – so I guess, technically, this is a primal recipe.
2 lbs ground beef
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 5 tablespoons water, mixed and rested for a few minutes
¼ cup almond flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 onion, chopped
8 oz cheddar cheese (sliced or shredded)
4 oz gouda (sliced or shredded)
olive oil, coconut oil, or melted ghee/butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the ground beef, flaxseed mixture, almond flour, garlic powder, mustard powder, chopped onion, and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar in a large bowl and mix.
- Grease a loaf pan or baking dish with something like olive oil, coconut oil, or butter.
- Divide the meat mixture in half.
- Spread one half of it meat mixture in an even layer in the pan.
- Spread the cheese out across the layer.
- Spread the other half of the meat mixture in an even layer on top of the cheese.
- Go around the outside of the meat and seal together the two meat layers so that the cheese doesn’t come out while baking.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
More from my site