This recipe for Paleo Bacon Bowls Stuffed With Caramelized Onion, Beef, And Blue Cheese has been made possible by Good Cook. This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
Bacon Bowls Stuffed With Caramelized Onion, Beef, And Blue Cheese
Make sure you check out the giveaway at the bottom of this post!
For this recipe you’ll need Good Cook’s Sweet Creations Bake-A-Bowl (available at Bed Bath & Beyond, as well as on their website and in various stores), or something similar. I love using the bake-a-bowl because it’s really versatile and easy to use. Although I made bacon bowls in it, you could make any sweet or savory bowl recipe. The Bake-A-Bowl set comes with two pieces – the bottom where you put your bacon or batter, and the top that fits into the bottom and locks into it to make sure the bowls hold their shape.
This recipe makes 6 bowls, which for us was 3 portions. If you find that you have some of the meat mixture leftover after filling your bacon bowls, you can eat it on the side (it’s just as good that way) or serve it as leftovers over white rice or cauliflower “rice”.
Make sure you check out the giveaway at the end of this post!!
12 slices + 4 slices of bacon (total of 16 slices, equaling about 1 lb)
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
½ tablespoon mustard powder
¼ lb crumbled blue cheese
2 cups cooked green beans
olive or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the bacon bowls you’ll need two strips of bacon per bowl, using a total of 12 slices of bacon. Using the bottom half of the bake-a-bowl (or just a regular muffin tin), take one slice of bacon and circle it around the inside of the cup. Take the other slice of bacon and lay it on the bottom of the cup in a Z shape. See photos above for what this looks like. Take the top half of the bake-a-bowl (or another regular muffin tin) and place it on top of the bacon so that the top cups are pushing down on the bacon cups to keep them open while baking.
- Allow the bacon to cook for about 20 minutes. At this point the bowls should be well formed and mostly cooked. Remove the top half of the bake-a-bowl, then allow the bacon to cook for another 10 minutes, or until it’s to your desired crispiness.
- While your bowls are baking, chop the remaining 4 slices of bacon.
- Put some olive or coconut oil into a pan on the stove, then add the onion, chopped bacon, and garlic. Saute until the onions are caramelized – about 20 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and mustard powder and cook until the ground beef is done, then add in the green beans and saute for a few minutes. This should all take about 10 minutes.
- At this point the bacon bowls should be done. Remove them from the oven, take the bowls out of the bake-a-bowl, and let them drain on a paper towel.
- To fill each bowl – put a layer of blue cheese followed by a layer of the meat/onion/green bean mixture. Feel free to sprinkle some more blue cheese on the top as well.
Don’t forget to check out the giveaway at the end of this post!
Good Cook is offering a 25% off coupon to goodcook.com for the Good Cook Sweet Creations products. Use CODE: BAKEBOWL
Giveaway time! One person will win a Bake-A-Bowl Pan. How can you win? Follow Good Cook on Twitter (@GoodCookcom), then leave me a comment letting me know 1) What you would make first if you won AND 2) What your Twitter name is. The winner will be chosen from the comments via Random.org on May 14th.
- One prize per household for each Good Cook event. If someone wins on 2 or more blogs, they – or their family members – cannot win a second prize from another blog in the same event.
- If a household has won a prize in a Good Cook event, they can’t win again for 6 months.
- If a household has won more than one prize in a previous Good Cook event, they can’t win again for 12 months.
- Good Cook will confirm that winners are eligible and will disqualify anyone who has won more than once.
- Prizes ship from Good Cook and can take 8-10 weeks after the contest ends, unless otherwise stated. You must be 18 or older to win. US shipping addresses only.
- Good Cook reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value if sufficient inventory is not available.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored review. Please note that the opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced by outside sources of any kind. Also note that this post may contain affiliate links. Please use due diligence when making any purchase decisions.
More from my site