Allergen-Friendly Antioxidant Summer Salad With A Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
(gluten/soy/corn/potato/tomato/egg/cows milk free)
My family loves salad (even my son), so I am always looking for new recipes to try. But, I have trouble finding ones that I don’t have to change up because of my food allergies. I decided to just go ahead and make my own delicious salad recipe. This one has tons of antioxidants and reminds me of summertime.
Ingredients For Salad:
12oz bag of romaine lettuce
7 slices of bacon
4oz goat cheese
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup blueberries
Ingredients For Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raspberry wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon in the oven (or on the stove if desired), making sure to flip the bacon once the top side is done. I like to put mine under the broiler for a few minutes once it’s cooked through.
- Slice up lettuce and put it in your serving bowl.
- Add blueberries.
- Chop or break apart pecan pieces and add to bowl.
- Crumble up goat cheese and add it.
- Once the bacon is cooked, but it up and add it. I stacked a couple pieces at a time and sliced them with a pizza cutter.
- To make the dressing just mix all of your ingredients together. Wait until you are ready to eat to mix your dressing, though, so that the vinegar doesn’t sink to the bottom.
I found the salad to be really refreshing. One tip about the dressing – a little bit goes a long way. The dressing coated the lettuce really well, so I didn’t need to use too much.
Weekly challenge to push the creativity of food bloggers. Create an original recipe each week to accomodate the weeks ingredient. If you are a blogger that is interested in linking up your themed recipe, please join the Facebook group to learn how.
More from my site