Chocolate Cinnamon Almond Brittle
This recipes makes a great snack or dessert. It’s safe for those following Paleo. If you’re vegan, simply sub the honey for maple syrup or agave (although I haven’t actually tried it with either, so I can’t vouch for the results).
4 cups almonds (unroasted and unsalted)
1/4 cup honey (Might need a little more.)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the honey, cinnamon, and cocoa together.
- Add in the almonds and mix it so that all of the almonds are coated. At this point you should have some “liquid” (i.e. your honey mixture) at the bottom of the bowl. If you don’t, add a little bit more honey and stir again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then dump your almonds on it, along with small amount of left over honey mixture.
- Spread it out and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let them cool for about 30 minutes or until the brittle has hardened.
More from my site