These isn’t your typical pizza. My pizza is in muffin form and doesn’t contain grains, dairy, or tomato. So how can I call it pizza without those 3 main ingredients? Simple, because they actually taste like pizza!
For my Food Blogger’s Challenge this week the challenge ingredient was spinach, so after you check out my recipe, head to the linky to find other recipes that contain spinach.
Makes 12 large muffins.
4 cups almond flour
4 tablespoons ground flaxseed+ 12 tablespoons water (or 4 eggs)
¼ cup arrowroot flour (or coconut flour)
½ cup melted ghee (or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon oregano
4 links of italian sausage, finely chopped or ground in a food processor
8 slices of cooked bacon, finely chopped or ground in a food processor
½ cup spinach, finely chopped or ground in a food processor
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water and let it sit for a minute.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, then scoop into the muffin tin. I used silicone muffin cups as liners. Fill each tin all the way to the top.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until firm.
- If you would like to use cheese, you can mix in about 1 cup with your batter before baking or melt some on top of the cooked muffins. Dip them in your favorite sauce and enjoy.
More from my site