Sausage, Bacon, And Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
I saw a recipe on Real Sustenance for Cheesy Sausage Biscuit Breakfast Casserole, and it looked amazing. Too bad I couldn’t eat many of the ingredients in it. So, like most of my recipes, this Sausage And Biscuit Breakfast Casserole has been created to fit my allergies.
I was amazed at how good it turned out. I managed to make it creamy without including any cheese! It’s like a big casserole dish of biscuits and gravy, with a bunch of yummy meats and veggies added in. Yum!
Ingredient For Sausage Gravy:
2 lbs ground pork
2 tablespoon sage
2 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 cups almond milk
½ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour (or coconut flour)
Ingredients For Biscuit Topping:
3 cups almond flour
½ tablespoon cream of tarter
¼ tablespoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons arrowroot flour (You can also use coconut flour or tapioca starch.)
4 tablespoons water
¼ cup melted ghee (You can also use butter or coconut oil.)
8 slices bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
2 cups raw spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground pork on the stove.
- Once it’s cooked, add the rest of the gravy ingredients. Simmer until thickened.
- Mix all of the biscuit ingredients together. It will be crumbly when thoroughly mixed.
- In an 8×11 or 9×13 baking dish, put a layer of bacon, a layer of spinach, a layer of sausage gravy, and a layer of biscuit topping.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20ish minutes.
More from my site