Spaghetti And Meatball Soup
I’m always looking for new ways to use meatballs, so when I came across this Skinny Taste recipe on Pinterest, I wanted to try to adapting it to fit my allergies. Obviously my version doesn’t quite taste like a standard spaghetti and meatball dish, but I still thought it was good, and would definitely make it again.
1 lb ground beef or pork
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water (or use 1 egg)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon parsley
½ tablespoon oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ cups beef broth + 2 ½ cups vegetable broth – or any combination of the two
2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
2 red peppers, de-seeded and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons parsley
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
16 oz gluten-free spaghetti noodles (use spaghetti squash for grain-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together, then roll into equal-sized balls. Bake them on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Put the ghee/coconut oil, onion, red pepper, and garlic into a deep pot on the stove. Saute them until they are soft and the onion is translucent.
- Add the rest of the soup ingredients, except for the noodles. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. You can do all of this while the meatballs are cooking, so that it doesn’t take too much extra time.
- Add the spaghetti noodles into the pot of soup and cook for as long as the package says to, but DO NOT add any more liquid (i.e. water).
- With 5 minutes left in the noodles cooking time, add in the cooked meatballs.
- Serve when when noodles are done cooking.
More from my site